Volunteer Bargain Barn Assistant- Gosnells, WAThe Salvation Army Australia
The Salvation Army (TSA) Thrift/Family Stores are vibrant places where great things happen: generous people donate amazing items, customers enjoy an ever-changing selection of goods, volunteers gain friendships and share experiences, all whilst raising much-needed funds to assist the most vulnerable in your community. You can be a part of this by volunteering a few hours per week as a Retail Assistant helping with sales, merchandising and quality control.
A typical day as a volunteer Retail Assistant will see you attending to customer needs whilst maintaining a welcoming environment and contributing to a positive in-store experience. The Retail Assistant supports the Store Manager in operations of the store ensuring quality customer service, receiving donations, sorting/lifting donated goods, pricing and maintaining the general appearance and upkeep of the shop. Displaying and visual merchandising of stock and responding to customer enquiries will also be included in your day. Your attention to detail and a desire for order and sparkle will be assets in this role as will your upbeat and friendly attitude.
Equally important, all Retail Assistants are responsible for fostering a culture of inclusiveness and community spirit amongst the volunteer team, which will in turn enhance the customer experience in the store.
Personal Attributes & Qualities
• Reliable, fit, active and able to lift and carry • Team worker with positive outlook • Proactive and self-motivated • Good match for the team and TSA values
Work Health & Safety
• Understand and use PPE • Work according to policy and procedure • Look after personal and organisational property • Maintain a safe and healthy environment
Qualifications & Experience Requirements For The Role
• Retail or merchandising experience is preferred, but not essential as on the job training and induction are provided for the right candidates
Mandatory Requirements Of The Role
• Complete The Salvation Army's volunteer registration, training and induction modules and any other training as required • Integrity Checks may be required. The Salvation Army is a child safe organisation.
Roster & Time Commitment
• In shifts of 4-6 hours as agreed with the Store Manager • Please advise your availability in your expression of interest
Be a part of this by volunteering just a few hours per week as a Retail Assistant in our store and make a difference in your community.
We encourage you to attach your resume so that we can get to know you a little better.