We are looking for a special kind of person – a St Vincent’s kind of person. Someone who puts compassion, connection and caring for other people at the heart of everything they do.
As a Volunteer Bus Driver at St Vincent’s Care - Bronte, you’ll be part of an experienced, engaged and dedicated team. In this role you’ll be driving a 12-seater bus with manual transmission, which requires a regular C Class licence.
This role operates during standard business hours Mon - Fri.
Things that work for us
- C class licence and a good driving record
- Experience driving a large vehicle preferred but not essential
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Demonstrated care and compassion for the elderly
- Current flu and COVID-19 vaccinations
- National Police Certificate (we can assist you to arrange this)
Things that work for you
- Opportunity to volunteer for the nation’s largest Catholic not-for-profit health and aged care provider, with a rapidly growing and progressive vision
- Friendly team environment with a great community care spirit
- Ability to visibly see your impact on the business and its service
- Free annual flu vaccination
Why become part of the St Vincent’s Care family?
Because you’re like us, you believe that every act of kindness makes the world a better place. Better for everyone who lives in the 20+ facilities and locations we operate in Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria. Better for all our staff and volunteers, who work tirelessly to provide the highest levels of care and quality of life for our clients. And better support for the local communities we play an important role in and continue to support.
For more than 175 years, St Vincent’s Care Services (SVCS) has been a leading Catholic provider of Aged Care Services in Australia and the legacy of compassion, justice, integrity and excellence entrusted to us by the Sisters of Charity and their Founder Mary Aitkenhead continues to inspire our work today.
Our spiritual and hospital-based heritage has taught us that wellness is about more than medical needs. It’s about building a true partnership around trust and respect. That’s why we take a person-centred approach – delivering holistic, individual care that achieves wellbeing for mind, body and spirit.
At St Vincent’s we value inclusivity and diversity and acknowledge the important of creating a work environment that is welcome, safe, fair and impartial and invite people from all backgrounds to join our caring family.
Reconciliation Action Plan
As part of our Commitment to Reconciliation and Closing the Gap in employment related outcomes, we encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples.