Research & Development ConsultantAAOP
Asian Australian Organisational Psychology Inc (AAOP) is a not for profit, purpose driven organisation run by a group of psychologists who specialise in leadership, health and wellbeing, and performance. We are dedicated to leveraging our expertise and lived experience to make impactful social change. We do this by partnering with a range of organisations and professionals to deliver targeted programs and initiatives to raise awareness, build capability and affect cultural change. We also consider ourselves a professional body that nurtures and supports the next generation of Asian Australian Organisational Psychologists. And lastly, we advocate for Asian Australians in the psychology community, impacting the inclusivity of how psychology programs are delivered.
About the role
We are looking for a passionate Research and Development (R&D) professional to join the AAOP team as the R&D Consultant. The R&D Consultant role will be primarily accountable for the design and delivery of relevant R&D projects which align with the direction from the R&D Lead. This role will report directly to the R&D Lead, and will work with stakeholders within AAOP. Candidates will need to be able to commit to 4-8 hours per week as a volunteer.
The key duties and responsibilities will be as follows:
- Conducts and reviews research and practice in the areas of cultural psychology, organisational psychology, wellbeing, performance, and leadership
- Supports the development and delivery of targeted, evidence-based R&D initiatives and programs catering to diverse work populations.
- Engage and manage stakeholders, clients, and partners during development and delivery as required
- Experience in research and development, including academic research or product development work or interest in conducting research
- Passionate about promoting cultural equity for Asian Australians
- Experience in writing articles & content creation, with the ability to communicate for impact.
- Be able to agilely work in a flexible, ambiguous environment
- Experience in facilitating or delivering training.
- Experience in working at a Not-for-Profit or as a volunteer (desirable).
What’s in it for you
Apart from making a significant contribution to the community, working with us also come with many benefits:
- We’ll allow you to vastly increase your network. Working with us will allow you to make meaningful connections with passionate and respected professionals across a diverse range of industries, giving you the opportunity to build your professional network and brand.
- AAOP is passionate about learning and development. We foster a culture of learning and growth within our organisation.
- AAOP provides a safe environment for you to take risks, push yourself and grow.
- You’ll get to make a real difference to the lives of others. At AAOP you’ll be a part of a socio-cultural movement, helping to make our community a fairer, more positive, and better place for everyone.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Diversity is a core value at AAOP. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive working environment for all our volunteers.