Do you want to improve your employability and gain experience with a big name in the NFP sector?
Use your creativity, time management and interpersonal skills to share the impact of volunteering at Cancer Council NSW.
About Cancer Council NSW
Cancer Council NSW (CCNSW) is a community funded and focused not for profit. We are the largest cancer charity in NSW and our point of difference is that we work across every area of every cancer, from research right through to support.
CCNSW is an inclusive place to volunteer and work. We embrace diversity, celebrate our differences, and inspire each person to be their authentic self at work. As we strive to represent the communities we serve, we welcome and actively encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and other diverse groups.
About the role
This is an exciting volunteer role sitting in our People & Communications Division.
Reporting to Kavya, our talented Internal Communications Coordinator, this volunteer role will focus on the delivery of our monthly volunteer impact piece, Volunteer Voice.
Volunteer Voice celebrates the impact of our volunteer workforce and connects our volunteer workforce with the wider organisation. Volunteers make up more than 80% of our workforce at Cancer Council NSW and there are so many stories to share.
- Interested in storytelling, marketing, and the not-for-profit sector.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work with others positively and respectfully.
- Experience using Canva for development of content.
- High level computer literacy in Microsoft Office and online platforms.
- Willingness to participate in training and use CCNSW systems relevant for your position.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively individually and as a part of a team.
This role is one day a week for 12 months with the potential to stay on longer based in either our Woolloomooloo or Wollongong office and has the option to be a hybrid or a remote volunteering role.
A normal day volunteering will include:
- Planning out the next edition of Volunteer Voice and sourcing stories
- Working with Volunteer Managers for content including story photographs
- Participate in team meetings and report back on assigned tasks
- Research best practice and share learnings with the team
About the Benefits
- Volunteer for a great organisation working towards a cancer-free future
- Be part of a dynamic team that works with community and our supporters
- Learn new skills, gain valuable work experience and apply your professional skills to work that makes a difference
- You’ll have access to our benefits, including a 15% discount at our retail stores across NSW, exclusive health insurance benefits and much more.
- Volunteer in an organisation that is recognised for Voice Project's 2021 “Best Workplace” and “Change Champion" Award.
How to apply:
Why wait! Apply online and you will receive instructions on how to send your application to us.
For further information regarding this role, please first apply and you will be provided with contact details. (Seek policy).
For more information about volunteering and Cancer Council NSW, please go to our website.
Please note, the health and safety of our people is a priority for us, Cancer Council strongly recommends all employees and volunteers to be vaccinated to minimise the risk of serious illness as a result of COVID19.
Cancer Council NSW is committed to promoting diversity in the workplace. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged and welcomed.