Campaign Support Volunteer - Australia's Biggest Morning Tea(multiple roles & locations)Cancer Council NSW
Are you studying and want to get some real-life experience to help you get a job when you graduate?
Join us and make a difference while gaining invaluable experience working on a major fundraising campaign like Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea.
About Cancer Council NSW
Cancer Council NSW (CCNSW) is a community funded and focused not for profit. We are the largest cancer charity in NSW and our point of difference is that we work across every area of every cancer, from research right through to support.
CCNSW is an inclusive place to volunteer and work. We embrace diversity, celebrate our differences, and inspire each person to be their authentic self at work. As we strive to represent the communities we serve, we welcome and actively encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and other diverse groups.
About the role
This is an exciting volunteer role and will support the end-to-end delivery of one of Cancer Council's most well-known campaigns.
Reporting to one of our talented Community Fundraising Coordinator’s, the position of Campaign Support Volunteer - Australia's Biggest Morning tea will support our fundraisers to be the best they can be for Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea through regular phone calls and tracking interactions in our CRM system
Based in one of our community offices, each role available has the option for a flexible working arrangement (working from home and the office).
This role is one day a week with a commitment of 6 months with the potential to stay on with us and can work from one of the following offices:
- Coffs Harbour
- Wagga Wagga
A normal day volunteering will include:
- Work with our supporters providing friendly customer service
- Help our Hosts by providing information on banking, using our social media collateral and other Host resources
- Record and track interactions in our CRM system to ensure a smooth supporter experience
- Participate in team meetings and report back on assigned tasks
Our ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation, along with:
- Creativity and a ‘can do’ approach to life
- Confidence using the phone on a regular basis & liaising with stakeholders
- An interest in events, marketing, and the not-for-profit sector
- High level computer literacy in Microsoft Office and using online platforms.
About the Benefits
- Volunteer for a great organisation working towards a cancer-free future
- Be part of a dynamic team that works with community and our supporters
- Learn new skills, gain valuable work experience and apply your professional skills to work that makes a difference
- You’ll have access to our benefits, including a 15% discount at our retail stores across NSW, exclusive health insurance benefits and much more.
- Volunteer in an organisation that is recognised for Voice Project's 2021 “Best Workplace” and “Change Champion" Award.
How to apply:
Why wait! Apply online and you will receive instructions on how to send your application to us.
For further information regarding this role, please first apply and you will be provided with contact details. (Seek policy).
For more information about volunteering and Cancer Council NSW, please go to our website.
Please note, the health and safety of our people is a priority for us, Cancer Council strongly recommends all employees and volunteers to be vaccinated to minimise the risk of serious illness as a result of COVID19.
Cancer Council NSW is committed to promoting diversity in the workplace. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged and welcomed.