Did you know that Kalyra Woodcroft Aged Care facility has had their cafe area fully renovated and Jessie’s Place, a modern café with all new equipment, is looking for volunteers to be part of a fun & rewarding environment!
If you enjoy meeting people and take pride in your customer service abilities, Kalyra would love you to become part of the team.
Currently Jessie’s Place is open from 10.30 am to 2.30 pm on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. However, they are looking at extending their hours to be open every weekday!
This cafe is a very popular meeting spot for residents, families, visitors and staff.
As the Volunteer Café Assistant you may be involved in a range of activities including:
- Honing your barista skills or sharing yours if you already have experience.
- Food and beverage preparation and service.
- Serving customers and handling payments.
- Setting the café up at the beginning of the day and setting down after closing.
- Having fun and a friendly chat with people who stop by.
This role is perfect for people who:
- Are friendly and outgoing as you will be supporting older people to relax in their home environment.
- Are committed, dependable and willing to learn.
- Have a basic understanding of food preparation and handling and understanding of personal and food hygiene.
- Understanding of Work Health and Safety in the workplace will be an asset.
Previous experience in a similar role is desirable however training will be provided.
Your time commitment will be whatever day/hours you have available between opening hours on:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday (to be negotiated with the Care Manager or delegate).
Whether you are:
- seeking work experience,
- recently retired,
- looking to meet some new people,
- or anything in between,
- they would love to hear from you!
Minimum age: 17 +