Volunteers to clean up Middle Brighton Beach (with stalls and workshops!)Conservation Volunteers Australia
- One day only - February 18th 2023 * #SeaToSource a project powered by Conservation Volunteers Australia welcomes to you attend our biggest event of the year, our National Day of Action.
By 2050, there’s set to be more plastic in the oceans than fish. In fact, right now, one garbage truck of rubbish enters the ocean every minute. We believe we can do something about this, so we’re choosing to take action – and we’d love you to join us.
By joining us for a day you can contribute to a lifetime of change for our oceans. By taking part in our #SeaToSource National Day of Action, you’re joining a nationwide community of people choosing to be part of the solution (not the pollution).
#SeaToSource tackles ocean litter in our seas, through events like this, and all the way to the source. We are also working with communities along waterways to identify and reduce pollution in our towns and cities, before it flows into the ocean and causes harm to the animals that call it home.
Our #SeaToSource National Day of Action is an opportunity to come together to make change for oceans and waterways around the country. From the wild beaches of Western Australia to the warm waters of the Great Barrier Reef, we will be taking action for our waterways. We welcome you to join us at Middle Brighton Beach on April 23rd.
All equipment and guidance is provided, and the day will be supervised by our CVA Revive Project Officers who live and work near the waterways we’ll all be caring for. There will be variety of family-friendly stalls and activities, and opportunities for you to have your say on how ocean litter can be tackled. We'll be joined by sustainable craft workshops, environmental education sessions, plastic upcylcing workshops, and more!
A FEW THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- Registrations are essential. We will send more information on how to register once you submit a SEEK volunteer application.
- You are required to make your own way to and from the worksite.
- No previous experience is required. We will provide you with all the know-how on site.
- Flexible commitment. You can attend the event for as long as you like.
The National Day of Action is supported by a three-year, $5 million grant under the Australian Government’s Environment Restoration Fund program.