Public Relations / Communications Lead / Fundraising LeadSpirit of Woman
Spirit of Woman is a not-for-profit organisation, seeking to change the discourse on domestic and family violence by creating The Place of Courage – Ripples across South Australia.
We are shifting domestic and family violence (DFV) from behind closed doors into the public domain, where it can be openly acknowledged, shared, and discussed. By changing the discourse on DFV, we can help break the intergenerational cycle. We see our enduring role as connecting, uniting, and helping South Australian agencies, not-for-profit organisations, and businesses to utilise the space in a variety of ways. This may include referring the site to clients as well as promoting and supporting community education programs to reduce domestic and family violence.
Spirit of Woman is seeking skilled PR & Communications volunteer who can make our vision for social change a reality. Communicate key messages to spread the word of the Co - ethics mission, campaigns, projects, and news.
- Drafting correspondence to high-profile stakeholders
- Plan, develop and implement public relations strategies
- Monitor publicity and conduct research to find the concerns and expectations of Cortices audience and communicate findings back to organisation
- Devise and coordinate media and publicity opportunities for photography and video
- Liaise with media, individuals, companies, and other organisations via various media channels
- Research, write, and distribute press releases to targeted media
- Collate and analyse media coverage, and source sponsorship opportunities
- Foster community relations
- Growing and increasing brand awareness through social media and marketing channels and developing brand engagement strategies
- Planning publicity strategies and campaigns
- Writing and producing presentations and press releases
- Dealing with enquiries from the public, the press, and related organisations organising
- Speaking publicly at interviews, press conferences and presentations
- You share Spirit of Woman mission to end domestic violence in Australia
- Min 5 years of demonstrated experience working within a PR or marketing focused role (preferred)
- Experience in engaging with key influencer partners or corporate clients
- Experience in supporting the development of digital and influencer marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Enthusiastic, passionate, and positive - seeing and creating opportunities is second nature to you
- Excellent interpersonal skills and creative communicator
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (creative writing, editing, grammar)
- Research, problem solving, and organisational skills
- Ability to maintain the “voice” and enhance the reputation
- Honest, diligent, and able to work autonomously
- Proficiency in English
- An interest in international development, the not-for-profit sector, and/or Indonesia and its development context
- Public speaking skills an advantage
- Driven & autonomous - can work effectively in a dispersed team and take the role and make it happen!
Please note, due to the high volume of applications and limited capacity to onboard new volunteers, we may not be able to respond to every application. However, we do run monthly induction meetings. Two meetings are required, one about the organisation and community work; the second one about your volunteer obligations and practices.