Experienced Grant Writer and SponsorshipSpirit of Woman
Spirit of Woman is a not-for-profit organisation, seeking to change the discourse on domestic and family violence by creating The Place of Courage – Ripples across South Australia.
We are shifting domestic and family violence (DFV) from behind closed doors into the public domain, where it can be openly acknowledged, shared, and discussed. By changing the discourse on DFV, we can help break the intergenerational cycle. We see our enduring role as connecting, uniting, and helping South Australian agencies, not-for-profit organisations, and businesses to utilise the space in a variety of ways. This may include referring the site to clients as well as promoting and supporting community education programs to reduce domestic and family violence.
The Grant Writer & Communications role is a dynamic position requiring the ability to utilise skills with creativity and flexibility. The role will lead the grant writing and sponsorship opportunities for the organisation and take an active role in building funding opportunities.
The Grant Writer role will take an active role in building the profile of the work of Spirit of Woman in the community by producing engaging content for supporter newsletters, website, and social media channels.
We are looking for a team member who has a passion for writing and creating content, who will generate compelling and evidence-based content for grants and supporter engagement.
- Proven success to write grant proposals and reports that are succinct, professional, and compelling - with the capacity to adjust style to suit various audiences
- Attention to detail to manage a comprehensive, prioritised calendar to ensure an adequate pipeline of applications and acquittals
- Ability to work independently to manage and meet competing deadlines
- Ability to proactively identify and pursue fundraising opportunities through grants and other funding opportunities
- Exceptional writing, editing and communication skills with proven experience in creating engaging content for newsletters, social media, edam campaigns, web content
- Ability to provide internal communications advice and support to team and senior leadership
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including and the ability to engage professionally, collaboratively, and productively with the team and a range of stakeholders
Please note, due to the high volume of applications and limited capacity to onboard new volunteers, we may not be able to respond to every application. However, we do run monthly induction meetings. Two meetings are required, one about the organisation and community work; the second one about your volunteer obligations and practices.