About us Having been established in 1987, the Cairns Hawks is a renowned Junior Australian Football club with a rich history and a great vision for the future. We are also proud to be a part of Manunda Hawks Mens which was established in 1983 and the Manunda Hawks Women’s AFL Club which was started in 2003. As a family-friendly club, we believe in inclusivity and welcome everyone from newcomers to seasoned players.
We are proud to call Cazaly’s Oval home, with futuristic facilities making it one of the best training and playing grounds in the country. Through our Juniors, Women’s, and Senior teams we have seen great talents emerge and we continue to cultivate a winning culture for the next generation.
Key duties of the Volunteer Communications Manager
• Develop and maintain the club’s communication and manage its ongoing administration.
• Liaise with stakeholders to ensure the Communications reflects current opinions of the club.
• Maintain an accurate website on behalf of all club members & provide details to the club secretary when required.
• Ensure all articles and photographs comply with federal and state legislation in relation to privacy, gender, race and religious regulations.
• Assist other committee members in their duties with communication support as required. • Organise photography where required. • Organise informative articles where required. • Organise current news for stakeholders e.g. events, results, appointments, fundraising activities etc. • Coordinate local media for the president and senior coach. • Undertake tasks at the request of the president, executive or general committee.
Skills & Experience Admin guru that enjoys working as part of a fun-loving and hard-working team of volunteers. Experience (or the willingness and ability to learn) using WordPress, MailChimp or Square online would be a great help