Special Olympics Australia - State Committee Positions Available - QLDSpecial Olympics Australia - National Office
Special Olympics Australia is a not-for-profit organisation that provides regular sports training, competition opportunities, and development programs for people with an intellectual disability across Australia.
We have a number of volunteer positions available for compassionate, determined, talented volunteers to join our clubs and state teams. The successful applicants should have demonstrated passion for helping others with relevant skills and work experience. We have 46 clubs across 6 States and roles requiring varying hours that may include evening and weekend work
The State Committee provides support to the local Staff and Club Volunteers to facilitate programs, growth, awareness and fundraising within the State. There are various roles and requirements and these are outlined below, although not limited to:
- Vice Chair
- Athlete Leadership
- Fundraising / Social Events
- Social Media / Communications
- Financial / Treasurer
- The desire to make sport more inclusive for people with an intellectual disability.
- Strong networking and relationship building skills
- The ability to work as a team to support the national strategy
- 2 year availability is preferable
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to be able to adapt to various stakeholder requirements
- Strong organisational and time management skills, with a focus on attention to detail
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Working With Children Check
- Sports Management / Business Degree
- Leisure / Recreation Degree
- Relevant Coaching Accreditation
- Sports Marketing / PR / Communications Degree
- Knowledge of the NDIS
- Knowledge and experience working with people with an intellectual disability
- Previous experience delivering community or sporting programs
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
from the 1st Feb 2022, Special Olympics Australia requires all volunteers to be fully vaccinated. Proof of vaccination will be requested prior to commencing the role.
Please send your resume and a cover letter (no longer than 1 page) detailing your chosen area, experience, suitability, and availability for this position by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that if you do not include these documents, your application shall not be considered.