Open House is a small Christian charity organisation that has been serving the community for over 50 years. As a not-for-profit organisation, we depend on volunteers to help us in the delivery of our services. We seek volunteers who are caring, kind and committed to our mission of giving long-term friendship and support to children, young people, and adults in our community, particularly those who are disadvantaged or socially isolated.
In 2022 Open House launched a social enterprise café at Ivanhoe Library called Whispers. The cafe is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 4pm, and sells coffees, teas, milkshakes, and cold drinks, and serves pastries and sweets, toasted sandwiches and croissants.
We are looking for volunteers to join our amazing café team. Experience in customer service, hospitality, or coffee making is preferred.
Our volunteers help with tasks such as:
- Taking customer orders
- Operating the register and taking money
- Serving customers
- Clearing and cleaning tables
- Unpacking deliveries and stock control
- Engaging with customers in a friendly, polite, and helpful manner
This is a great opportunity for anyone wanting to:
- Gain experience and skills in food handling
- Gain experience in a hospitality setting
- Develop skills in teamwork and interpersonal communication
- Make a contribution to the local community
- Be a valuable member of our volunteering team and have an opportunity to get involved with other Open House programs