Community Engagement Coordinator for Orange Sky - TownsvilleOrange Sky Australia
• Values based and progressive not-for-profit organisation. • AMAZING team of volunteers who operate our van day in and day out. • Endless opportunities for growth and development!
YOUR NEW FAMILY:
Founded in 2014 by Brisbane mates, Lucas Patchett and Nicholas Marchesi, Orange Sky's mission is to positively connect communities - through free laundry, showers and conversation. Through a network of 37 services in 26 locations, over 2000 volunteers operate mobile shifts each week to connect with people doing it tough. Our volunteers are not social workers or experts on homelessness - they are empathetic listeners and great conversationalists.
What started as an idea to improve hygiene standards and restore dignity to people doing it tough has evolved into something much bigger and more powerful. There are 116,000 people in Australia experiencing homelessness, and we are proud to be part of the greater community of service providers and not-for-profits helping to support people doing it tough.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic applicant for our Community Engagement Coordinator position who can help us continue to change the lives of our friends on the street every day!
ABOUT THE ROLE: The Community Engagement Coordinator will work with the local leadership team to create & support any required communications for volunteers, coordinate speaking & event requests, facilitate volunteer events and be the local media contact for Orange Sky assisting to help raise the brand profile of Orange Sky.
- Be the go to person on the ground for Speaking Events, Major donor or Corporate fundraising support
- Organise Volunteer Celebration Events
- Build relationships with local media
- Volunteer newsletter & FB page
- Work directly with the Brand and Comms and Fundraising teams in HQ
Time Required: Up to 5 flexible hours per week but can vary pending demands on service. These hours do not include hours on shift as a General Volunteer
This role reports to the Service Leader (day to day)
For further information about Orange Sky Australia, please visit our website or Facebook page.
Thank you so much for your support!