Volunteer at World Science Festival Brisbane - Australia's Premier celebration of all things STEM
Applications to volunteer at World Science Festival Brisbane 2023 have opened and we are on the hunt for friendly and passionate people to be the face of the festival. Volunteers will receive discounts and opportunities to attend festival events!
What is World Science Festival Brisbane? (WSFB)
WSFB is five days of thought-provoking conversations, inspiring theatrical and cinematic experiences, interactive workshops and engaging demonstrations, which explore and celebrate the entanglement of science and art and it's taking place in Brisbane from March 22 - 26, 2023. This year will see the return of Curiocity Brisbane as part of the main WSFB program with temporary outdoor creative installations inspired by the intersection of science and art. Additional volunteer opportunities are available for this extended program from 22 March-2 April 2023. The program will be vast in 2023 and includes science demonstrations, talks on a huge range of topics including climate change, biodiversity, chemistry and physics, and the hugely popular Hatchery where visitors will witness Loggerhead turtles hatching in incubation chambers.
Why you should volunteer:
Volunteering at WSFB is an excellent opportunity to learn new things, meet people and discover more about STEM. It’s also a chance to be involved in delivering Australia’s leading science event and share your knowledge and passion with others. You’ll also have many opportunities to attend the events, network, and explore the exhibitions at Queensland Museum.
Who we are looking for
Applicants should have the following attributes:
- Comfortable working with people of all backgrounds and ages
- Excellent communication skills
- Dedication, commitment, reliability, flexibility and professionalism
- A background in science is an asset, but a passion for learning and sharing knowledge is key
- 16 years or older
What roles are available?
There are a number of fun and exciting roles, including:
- Greeting patrons and helping them navigate the Festival site and answering general enquiries
- Working with the delivery team to set up events
- Assisting with our guest speakers and activity providers