Shopping Assistant - ThomastownCommunity Accessability
About the Role
Community Accessability is looking for friendly volunteer Shopping Assistants to provide one-on-one assistance to elderly people with grocery shopping.
As a Shopping Assistant, you will assist clients by:
- picking them up from home
- accompanying them to the stores
- staying to help them with their shopping
- assist in loading shopping bags from the trolley into the car
- and assist in carrying shopping bags to the client's front door.
If the above sounds like something you'd be interested in, including the occasional social coffee and chat, then apply today.
Community Accessability is a not-for-profit, charitable organisation that promotes social well-being for individuals who would otherwise struggle to maintain independence due to aging, disability, or financial hardship. We’re committed to helping members of the community stay connected to services, and family and friends, by providing a range of community activities, home support and transport assistance.
Community Accessability works in partnership with local governments, community services and other not-for-profit providers to assist residents in Victoria and Southern New South Wales. We currently have offices in Wodonga, Shepparton, Wangaratta, Yarrawonga, Ballarat, Bendigo, and Thomastown.
- Valid national driver’s licence
- Covid-19 Vaccination
- Friendly and approachable
What we offer you
- Flexible Hours (you choose your availability)
- Support with your role
Benefits of Volunteer Role
- Help you feel part of your community
- Get to know your community
- Work experience (learn and develop skills)
- Help combat stress, and boost confidence
- Help you meet new people
- Learn and improve your English
- And more!
Want to find out more?
If you have any questions about this opportunity, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org OR simply Apply Now.