Red Cross has a new, fast-track program for you to try out volunteering. If you enjoy:
- caring about creating a vibrant local community;
- having a positives impact; and
- being part of a local team
### APPLY NOW and try out volunteering today!
Our new, fast-track Red Cross Shop Volunteering program is your pathway to making a difference today!
We're looking for locals in the community to help make the lives of others better and make a positive impact.
Red Cross Shops work the same as Opportunity / Op Shops by selling donated clothes, accessories and homewares to raise vital funds for us to continue our work. Every purchase in a Shop means Red Cross can help people overcome hardship, crisis and disaster both here at home and across the Asia Pacific.
Typical skills and activities in a Red Cross Shop:
- Customer service - help shoppers with their questions
- Cash handling - take money and give change to complete sales
- Communication - have a yarn and a laugh with the locals
- Reliable - turn up for shifts, sort donations, complete tasks around the Shop
- Sense of humour - locals love to have a chat and so do your colleagues
- Creativity - create fun and interesting displays to attract customers
- Organisation - complete tasks quickly and efficiently, like sorting donations
You'll find lots more information on the Red Cross Volunteers site!
Please note, as part of the application process on the Red Cross Volunteer site, you will be asked to confirm your preferred store location via a drop-down menu. SA Red Cross retail stores operate in the below locations:
- Hampstead Gardens
- Kidman Park/Findon
- Mount Barker
- North Haven
- St Marys