Little Dreamers is delivering an Online Tutoring program for Young Carers located across Australia. The program aims to provide extra education support for Young Carers, to keep them engaged in their school work and provide some relief to parents.
Through Zoom, tutors will help guide students with their homework and school related tasks, providing an extra helping hand and supporting them in their learning. This program allows you to act as a positive role model by developing a strong, positive relationship with an incredible Young Carer.
This role will see you matched with one of our Young Carers who are looking for some extra help in their schooling. We will pair you based on subject choices and time availability. Tutoring sessions will be conducted via Zoom, on a weekly basis. We are looking for a range of tutors to support young people currently attending school, across all subjects.
This role will also see you get to know your student, create a positive relationship and provide guidance on anything school related!
- Be available for a meet and greet with a Little Dreamers team member
- Maintain regular contact with Little Dreamers team member
- Complete the feedback form after each session
- Have access to a Zoom account
Little Dreamers is committed to ensuring the safety of all children and young people who access our programs.
As part of this, you will be required to:
- obtain a Working with Childrens Check (Volunteer Checks are free of charge!)
- complete a National Police Check (Covered by Little Dreamers)
What are we looking for?
- Fun, energetic and caring people!
- Relationship building skills: Ability to foster and maintain a positive relationship with the Young Carer.
- Communication skills: Friendly and able to engage with a young person in a non-judgmental and appropriate manner.
- Committed: We are looking for reliable and committed volunteers.
HOW TO APPLY
Please head to our website littledreamers.org.au and complete a volunteer sign up form which can be found under the 'Get Involved' tab.