Special Olympics Australia - State Assistant Sports Coordinator - NSWSpecial Olympics Australia - National Office
Special Olympics Australia is a not-for-profit organisation that provides regular sports training, competition opportunities, and development programs for people with an intellectual disability across Australia.
The Assistant Sports Coordinator supports the State Sports Coordinator in addressing the objectives outlined in the State Committee Terms of Reference in regard to Games, Competition and Sport.
The role assists in ensuring that games and selections are organised according to the schedule, at a high standard and adhere to the SOA policies. The role will also assist in providing support and advice to sports specific coordinators.
The ideal candidate will have sports management / development experience along with strong relationship building skills.
- Support the coordination and delivery of multi-sport State Games in partnership with the State Sport Coordinator and the Sport Specific Coordinators
- Assist with the planning, implementation and maintenance of the annual State sports calendar
- Assist with the development and support the sports specific coordinators
- Support coach development
- Support the selection process of State teams with the State Selection Committee
- Support the appointed Head of Delegation, following their appointment to State representative teams. The HOD reports to the State Committee