Fundraising and Events VolunteersThe Orangutan Project
There are many different ways you can fundraise with The Orangutan Project. How you volunteer is up to you.
Our volunteers contribute in three main ways:
1. Organising fundraising stalls at local markets, community festivals or expos 2. Organising fundraising events such as a trivia night, movie night or wine tasting 3. Assisting at stalls and events organised by other volunteers
You choose which way you want to help! There will be support, training and guidance from our staff and other experienced volunteers. No prior experience is needed to help out!
What you get as a Fundraising Volunteer
- Training, support and guidance from the Volunteers Fundraising Manager, other team members and volunteers.
- Opportunities to meet our Founder Leif Cocks in online meetings.
- Opportunities to like-minded people in your local area.
- Learn about the threats facing orangutans and how TOP is addressing these.
- Learn how your fundraising and support is making a difference.
Are you ready to spread your wings, develop new skills, and make a difference to Critically Endangered species?
- You're passionate about the environment, especially saving orangutans and other wildlife from extinction and protecting rainforests.
- You're a good communicator and you like to get out and about in your community.
- You're comfortable talking to people you don't know.
- You have time and energy to work at markets and festivals at least once a month.
- You want to make a difference by volunteering with an environmental charity.
- You enjoy working with others and thrive in busy environments.
- Experience in retail or customer service would be useful, but not manditory.
Even if you're new to events and fundraising, this role is a great step in your career and will give you experience and skills to help you achieve your goals.
If this sounds like you, please apply below. Please also send us a current resume or a short summary of your relevant experience.
About The Orangutan Project
Volunteering with the Orangutan Project, you’ll meet passionate people who are making a difference to help orangutans and the forest communities who share their home. Best of all, 100% of the donations you collect go directly to our conservation work.
The Orangutan Project highly values our wonderful volunteers and the enormous contribution they make. Our volunteers raise much-needed funds and awareness about the urgent need for conservation of Critically Endangered orangutans and other species. We are always delighted to welcome new volunteers from diverse backgrounds to The Orangutan Project.