Microfinance Volunteer - NILs for VehiclesGood Shepherd Australia New Zealand
Who is Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand? Good Shepherd Australia challenges the critical and ongoing issues facing women, girls and families, by providing crisis services, housing, financial wellbeing and access to safe and affordable finance. Our programs and services ensure people do not fall through the cracks.
The vision of Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand is a world where all women, girls and families are safe, well, strong and connected.
Our financial and wellbeing programs address the social issues that affect the disadvantaged and vulnerable in our community.
What is NILs for Vehicles?
We provide No Interest Loans for vehicles for people and families on low incomes to purchase a vehicle for essential use.
No Interest Loans (NILs) are available for $2000 – $5000 for the purchase of an essential vehicle including cars, scooters, mobility scooters, motorcycles and boats.
Pay back only what you borrow. No Fees. No Interest. Ever.
- Ability to establish rapport with clients from diverse backgrounds, some with complex needs and provide efficient and high quality service. Experience in any of the following areas would be helpful; retail, hospitality, sales, banking, education or other customer service environment.
- Strong numeric capability
- Excellent spoken and written English; multilingual is desirable
- Experience in administrative and office management processes such as appointment management, record keeping and filing
- Competent in computer skills, including Microsoft Office and use of customer databases, with an ability to pay attention to detail
- The capacity and commitment to work in alignment with the values of Good Shepherd and understand the issue of financial exclusion in Australia
- Police Check and Working with Children Check will be required (we will organise this for all volunteers and there is no cost to the volunteer)
- Fully vaccinated for Covid-19 (at least 3 Covid vaccinations)
- Ability to commit to volunteering for a minimum 1/2 day per week (anytime during business hours Monday to Friday) for at least 6 months