- Red Cross Event Support Volunteer – Moonee Valley, Victoria
- Address: 27 Woods St, Ascot Vale (Moonee Valley Council)
- Date: 19th November 2022
- Volunteer shifts 9:30pm-1:30pm
Red Cross Donation Drive – Moonee Valley
Australian Red Cross and Uber are holding a nationwide donation event to accept quality preloved clothing. Get involved with the community and help divert goods from landfill by volunteering with Red Cross at this one-day outdoor event. Donations collected will help Red Cross Shops raise funds for the humanitarian work of Australian Red Cross, supporting people facing tough times in our communities.
How can I help?
To volunteer at this event, you should be over 16 years, fit & able to lift bags/boxes from vehicles.
Our Retail Event Support Volunteers assist us with:
- Set up (morning shift) or pack down (afternoon shift) of the event
- Removing donations from cars and onto trucks onsite (some bags/boxes may be heavy)
- Removing donations from trucks and onto a shipping container onsite(some bags/boxes may be heavy
All event volunteers will need to:
- Be 16+ years of age
- Follow any current Covid-safe procedures in place for the location at that time
What do I need to bring?
- Wear closed-in, comfortable shoes
- Wear comfortable clothing (keep in mind it may get dirty)
- Personal sun protective gear (hat, sunglasses)
- Personal rain appropriate gear if needed (please check weather forecast ahead of the event)
- Own dietary-specific snacks if required
- We recommend bringing a reusable water bottle to limit single-use plastic.
No experience necessary, you will be provided with training on the day.
Australian Red Cross welcomes volunteer applicants of a diverse range of backgrounds, ages, and abilities. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Red Cross strives to create a safe and inclusive culture with wellbeing at its centre. We embrace diversity and welcome Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people with different lived experiences, abilities, gender, ethnicity, age, and sexual orientation. We are a child safe organisation with zero tolerance of any harm to children. Our vision is to be trusted as the leading humanitarian organisation making a genuine difference in the lives of people and communities.
Thank you for considering volunteering at Red Cross. We also have great career opportunities.