You can change that as a volunteer Mentor at iDrive, a supervised driving program to help learner drivers. You’ll supervise learner drivers to gain driving experience hours, accelerating them to independence!
Idrive Volunteers are:
- Provided with a dual control vehicle for all sessions
- Given training and support throughout
- Commit to 3 hours per session
- Flexible around your needs, Monday - Friday during the day
- No weekend commitments
- Able to access CCSA's Community Development training suit
- All insurance for yourself and Learners is included within the program
Volunteers will be supported to drive alongside a learner, helping them achieve their 75 hours. Learners are required to have prior experience in a vehicle with a paid driver mentor before starting the program.
Full training and support is offered throughout the Idrive Program whilst ensuring drivers and mentors have the autonomy to get out into the community.