Family Life Volunteer Retail Assistant - CheltenhamFamily Life - Bayside
Family Life has been working with vulnerable children, families and communities since 1970. At the core of our organisation is our vision to build capable communities, strong families and thriving children.
As an organisation we celebrate diversity and inclusion. We value, respect, and listen to people who are culturally and/or linguistically diverse, gender and sexually diverse and people with a disability.
Family Life has multiple Community Opportunity Shops located across the Bayside region of Melbourne. These community-hubs are vibrant spaces, each shop playing an important role in the lives of the community of which they are a part.
Family Life was founded by volunteers and they continue to play a key role in making a positive difference in supporting our community.
Position Objective: The Volunteer Retail Assistant helps raise funds to support Family Life’s services by assisting in the day to day operations of the Community Opportunity Shops.
The key responsibilities can include but are not limited to:
- Courteously accept donations from the public
- Sort and clean donations according to processes and procedures
- Replenish stock on the shop floor with merchandise as required
- Provide exceptional customer service to members of the public
- Process payments for the sale of goods
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment
- Demonstrate, understand and apply the Family Life principles
Supervision: The Volunteer Retail Assistant operationally reports to the Store Manager, or their delegate, who is responsible for assigning daily tasks.
- 4 hours per week, days to suit (Monday to Sunday)
- Enthusiastic and team player
- Strong organisational skills
- Punctual and reliable
- Good communication skills and customer-friendly attitude
- Ability to take initiative and know when to take direction
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds and with diverse needs
- Willing to obtain a Working with Children Check and undergo a police check (free to volunteers).
- Retail experience preferred, but not necessary
Additional requirements Covid-19 vaccination. National Police Certificate . Working with Children Check . As part of the application process, you will be asked to agree to Family Life Policies, Volunteer Agreement and Volunteer Position Description.