Digital volunteering - media release writingCoalition for the Protection of Greyhounds
The Coalition for the Protection of Greyhounds is a dedicated group of volunteers across Australia committed to ending greyhound suffering. CPG exposes the cruelty and corruption of greyhound racing and lobbies state governments to close the industry down. CPG will fight until the day that no greyhound suffers death, injury or abuse at the hands of the greyhound racing industry. We are all volunteers and we need help across various roles.
All volunteers are great, but we also need those who are time-flexible because they aren't employed. We need someone who:
- has at least ten years of experience in media and PR work,
- has great grammar, spelling and punctuation, as well as problem-solving skills,
- has proven ability to write one page news releases that can be distributed to media outlets,
- is willing to use AP style guidelines and apply for library card which will give you access to Australian media industry contacts,
- be happy to work from your own desk at home, but willing to liaise with team members as needed.
- experience with inverted pyramid form highly desirable. More details below.
- Due to our recruiting workload, please note that we can’t respond to your application unless you meet the criteria.
Benefits to you:
- You get to make a major contribution to greyhound welfare and volunteer with like-minded individuals
- We will be able to provide you a letter of recommendation
- We will be able to act as a reference for your CV or resume
The Inverted Pyramid Form The inverted pyramid style is a structure commonly used in journalism and news writing, in which the most important and relevant information is presented at the beginning of the article, followed by additional details and context.
This structure allows readers to quickly understand the main points of the article, and then decide whether they want to continue reading for more information.
One key aspect of the inverted pyramid style is the use of a lead paragraph, which should provide a brief overview of the key points and information in the article. These paragraphs should be written in a clear and concise manner, and should be engaging and interesting to the reader.
Overall, the inverted pyramid style is a widely used and effective way to present information in a clear, concise, and engaging manner. It is often used in journalism and news writing, but can also be applied to other types of writing, such as business communications and marketing materials.