CCNSW Diversity and Inclusion statement Cancer Council NSW is an inclusive place to volunteer and work. We embrace diversity, celebrate our differences, and inspire each person to be their authentic self at work. As we strive to represent the communities we serve, we welcome and actively encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and other diverse groups. As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, please get in touch with us.
Outline of the role:
The key purpose of this role is to provide operational assistance to the Property and Facilities Manager, in order to support the organisation in its vision of a cancer-free future.
Key accountabilities include:
- Send and receive freight at the loading dock.
- General assistance with facilities, including re stocking kitchen supplies.
- Assist in fleet care and maintenance
- Assist with minor repairs
- Assist general housekeeping
Our ideal volunteer will have:
- A friendly manner and great communication skills
- The ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook
- Experience in facilities or freight.
Benefits of the role for the volunteer:
- Supporting cancer patients and their families
- Volunteering for a great organization working toward a cancer-free future
- Making a real difference for local people affected by cancer
- Great networking opportunity
- Access to our benefits, including a 15% discount at our retail stores across NSW, exclusive health insurance benefits and much more.
Key Values for Volunteers:
Our values influence the work that we do, and the way we work with our colleagues and with our community.
- Innovation - Seek and embrace the best
- Responsibility - Be accountable for our results and resources
- Courage - Speak out and step up
- Collaboration - Work together to achieve our goals
How to apply:
Why wait! Apply online and you will receive instructions on how to send your application to us.
For further information regarding this role, please first apply and you will be provided with contact details. (Seek policy). For more information about volunteering and Cancer Council NSW, please go to our website.