Community Transport Volunteer Driver - Belgrave & SurroundsEastern Volunteers Resource Centre
Eastern Volunteers Community Transport provides support to elderly and people living with a disability - assisting them to remain active and engaged with the community by transporting them to a range of appointments, social events, shops and more! This allows our clients to remain connected with the community, in a safe and comfortable way. The result of this is that they are able to retain independence and remain in their homes for longer, living better and healthier!
As more COVID restrictions ease we are seeing a massive increase in demand for our great service as clients look to avoid taxis, Ubers and public transport. As such we are looking at expanding our driver pool to meet this demand! All operations are conducted in a COVID-safe way to ensure safety for drivers and clients alike!
Eastern Volunteers Transport Program complies with the Aged Care Standards and delivers a quality program ensuring our clients are at the forefront of the decisions we make. You will enjoy working with our fantastic clients, hearing their stories, and having a laugh! Ongoing training and support are offered as well as other volunteer opportunities for those interested!
The Role: We are looking for reliable drivers to pick up and take our clients to and from social, recreational and medical appointments. A vehicle from our fleet will be supplied for you to use on the day of driving.
- Clear communication Skills
- Be empathetic and patient
- Have a positive disposition
- Must have a driver’s license and good driving history
- Be able to assess risk and mobility changes in clients
- Available for at least 4 hours per week
Benefits of the Role:
- Extremely Rewarding Role - You'll always go home knowing you've made a difference!
- Help vulnerable groups stay connected to their community
- Work within a great office, depot & driver team
- Enjoy building relationships with our fantastic clients - many of whom you will see routinely and love to share their stories and experiences!
- Clients are extremely appreciative and are always grateful for your support
- Make a difference by being an essential part of a clients care & support network
- Gain access to training and valuable experience in the care and support sector
If you are looking for a volunteering opportunity which is rewarding and provides a great service to the community, we would love to hear from you!
Join our fantastic team of volunteers today!