Buddies Day Volunteer - Brisbane NorthSt Vincent De Paul Society Queensland
We’re looking for volunteers who are caring, compassionate, conscientious, and non-judgemental. We aim to help young people form positive relationships with volunteer leaders and develop friendships with other children from the local area.
Buddies Day is a volunteer-run care and respite program. It involves one weekend activity day per month where young people participate in various activities such as laser tag, bowling, arts and crafts, swimming, virtual reality, sports, and visits to zoos, museums, and aquariums. The program is for young people aged 8-13 years old who may come from various challenging backgrounds and who would not normally have these kinds of opportunities.
As a volunteer leader, the main responsibilities involved in the role include:
- Attending Buddies Day once a month
- Participation in the planning and coordination of Buddies Day
- Participation in the planned activities alongside the young people
- Assisting in transporting young people to and from Buddies Day
- Monitoring and supervising the young people
- Helping to ensure the young people have a fun, safe day