The Boroondara Volunteer Resource Centre is advertising this role on behalf of Multicultural Association of Russian-speaking Women 'Ogonyok'.
We are looking for a Legal Communications Assistant to assist members with knowledge and understanding of various legal issues.
Tasks and Responsibilites:
- Assist clients in various legal matters and explain their rights in a day-to-day language
- Provide constructive commentary on the work of others
Skills and Experience:
- Good communication and writing skills
- knowledge and understanding of legal terminology
- knowledge of legalities regarding guardianship, care for the elderly, care for people with disabilities, housing issues, homelessness, women’s rights, family law, and copyright law
- ability to explain legal issues to our members, ensuring their understanding
- Operate in a team environment
- Enhance your current skills capability and learn new one
- Satisfaction of community participation
Location: Ashburton/Remote-friendly (some tasks can be delivered remotely and by student mentors)