Volunteering for Riverstone Neighbourhood Centre, you can support the community, make new friends, and keep active!
What does a Community Volunteer Visitor do?
As a volunteer visitor you will get an opportunity to provide companionship for isolated residents. You may be spending your visit listening to their stories or telling them your stories, reading, listening to music, having a cup of coffee, chatting and reminiscing or watching a favourite movie together.
This role is for you if you are caring, patient, like to meet new people and make a difference in the community. Volunteer visitors also benefit by meeting someone who shares the wisdom of their experience, someone who has treasure troves of memories and life experiences.
Your regular visits can make a big difference to the overall wellbeing of someone who would otherwise be lonely and have limited social contact with others.
What we need from you?
- Friendly and respectful manner
- Genuine interest and commitment to regular visits, calls, letter
- Clear communication skills
What is essential?
- Genuine caring and positive attitude and great communication skills, and ability to maintain professional boundaries
What should you tell us?
- tell us what inspires you to volunteer
- tell us your interests, skills, qualifications