THRIVE Project is offering the opportunity for a select group of individuals with a passion for sustainability to join a growing initiative to gain valuable experience and give back to a worthy cause.
What is THRIVE?
As a not-for-profit for-impact initiative, we aim to place humankind onto a sustainable path and create a ‘thrivable’ future for all. Throughout our practice, we implement a scientific and evidence-based approach in all our endeavours. This is seen throughout our three divisions of research, education and advocacy. THRIVE is strongly committed to equal opportunities and values diversity in our workforce.
We provide educational content and free software solutions to address some of civilization’s global challenges:
- Climate change
- Biodiversity loss
- Social inequality
- Food security
- and more…
We’re looking for a motivated, enthusiastic copy editor to join our friendly, global team. Your experience will include structural editing as well as proofreading. Experience with web content and SEO will be highly regarded. In this volunteer role you'll be primarily editing articles written for our online blog. These are aimed at a general audience, but written by academic researchers, so it is important to be able to understand the more technical language a researcher might use and be able to “translate” it into something a layman can understand.
You should have excellent communications skills, be able to work independently as well as take part in group initiatives. You should have your own computer and fast internet and be able to work from home. Your input will be acknowledged and recognized for worthwhile inclusion in your resume.
In this volunteer role, you will be able to expand your network of contacts to include senior officials worldwide as you work through selected projects.
Why join THRIVE?
- Free induction, training, and mentorship support
- Gain commercial experience and develop your presentation skills
- Access to global connections (including VIPs)
- Guidance and education from experienced volunteers
- Access to internships, subsidized roles, and the chance to land a paid job
- Teamwork/Collaboration opportunities across many fields of endeavour
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism or related field(preferred)
- Fluent in English
- A passion for sustainability
- A collaborative team player mindset
- Excellent communication
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Well-developed problem-solving abilities
- Highly organised
- The ability to handle multiple tasks to meet strict deadlines
- Exceptional time management skills
- Ambition and proactivity
Applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.