Volunteer Business Development LeadTHRIVE Project
THRIVE Project is offering the opportunity for a select group of individuals with a passion for sustainability to join a growing initiative to gain valuable experience and give back to a worthy cause.
What is THRIVE?
As a not-for-profit for-impact initiative, we aim to place humankind onto a sustainable path and create a ‘thrivable’ future for all. Throughout our practice, we implement a scientific and evidence-based approach in all our endeavours. This is seen throughout our three divisions of research, education and advocacy. THRIVE is strongly committed to equal opportunities and values diversity in our workforce.
We provide educational content and free software solutions to address some of civilization’s global challenges:
- Climate change
- Biodiversity loss
- Social inequality
- Food security
- and more…
We’re looking for a motivated, enthusiastic Business Development Lead to join our friendly, global team. Your experience will include:
- Developing growth strategies and plans
- Developing and retaining relationships with existing partners
- Increasing following and store sales
- Writing funding and sponsorship proposals
- Negotiating with partners and sponsors
- Identifying and mapping organizational strengths and consumer needs
- Researching opportunities and viable income streams
- Following industry trends locally and internationally
- Drafting and reviewing agreements
- Reporting on successes and areas needing improvements
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of marketing strategies
Why join THRIVE?
- Free induction, training, and mentorship support
- Gain commercial experience and develop your presentation skills
- Access to global connections (including VIPs)
- Guidance and education from experienced volunteers
- Access to internships, subsidized roles, and the chance to land a paid job
- Teamwork/Collaboration opportunities across many fields of endeavour
- Bachelor's degree in business or management
- Fluent in English (preferred)
- A passion for sustainability
- A collaborative team player mindset
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Well-developed problem-solving abilities
- Highly organized and efficient
- The ability to handle multiple tasks to meet strict deadlines
- Exceptional time management skills
- Ambition and proactivity
- Proficiency with data analysis, forecasting, and budgeting
- Proven ability to plan and manage resources
- Ability to deliver presentations
In this volunteer role you'll benefit from flexible working hours, working with a creative passionate group, a varied experience, and access to some of the world’s great business leaders and business authors.
Applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.