About the role This volunteer position enables Land Of Welcome to . ensure volunteers are able strongly answers yes to Marcus Buckingham’s twelve questions about feeling valued supported and engaged. • To assist people develop their listening, leadership and teamwork skills and assist the group become a tight knit group around shared ideals values and vision.. Your contribution to the achievement of Land Of Welcome’s objectives will be recognized by a formal certificate of appreciation. A job well done may open new opportunities for you with people within our network who might benefit from your skills.
• To discover people’s needs, goals and desired contribution to clarify the fit with Land of Welcome .
• Also discover how they may utilise their skills to assist LOW to achieve its purpose.
• To help volunteers define their values and through ever larger groups of volunteers define the group’s values.
• To implement conflict resolution and problem solving methodologies around those values. To then assist the group contribute to the vision so that it is owned by all.
• To implement systems that support people to become a close knit team around shared values a clearly understood continuously evolving strategy and vision Attend at least 6 picnics/year.
Skills required Previous experience in leadership and teamwork and Human Resources. Ideally also experience of not-for-profit volunteer teams dynamics Familiarity with the work of Ken Blanchard, John Maxwell and the Arbinger Institute would be helpful..
About the organisation Land Of welcome is a not-for-profit association of volunteers focused on making Australia a more welcoming community. In our vision of success, new Australians with a refugee or asylum seeker background, feel welcome and valued, and settled Australians have discovered new perspectives and are actively involved in positive change. Our core activities include monthly friendship picnics, volunteering in projects that facilitate the successful integration of new Australians, and generating funds for projects benefiting new Australians.