Special Olympics Australia is a not-for-profit organisation that provides regular sports training, competition opportunities, and development programs for people with an intellectual disability across Australia.
The Membership Support Officer will assist the state in meeting its ongoing accreditation compliance requirements and will be responsible for implementing agreed process improvements where necessary.
The role will be responsible for the implementation of strategies to deliver sustainable growth in membership whilst improving engagement levels across the state's existing member group. Additionally, the role will provide essential support to athletes and volunteers within the state.
The ideal candidate will have proven administrative experience and possess strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills.
- Coordinate the registration of all existing athletes, coaches and volunteers.
- Assist in the registration of new members.
- Provide ongoing administration support to the membership team as required.
- Provide input and assistance in developing a volunteer program to meet the ongoing needs of the State.
- Oversee compliance of all members (new and existing) with regards to registration, medical and code of conduct.
- Assist the State in ensuring that volunteer and athlete's registration information is accurate.
- Assist the membership team in implementing strategies to deliver on athlete growth.
- Provide input on volunteer management practices that addresses resourcing needs of the club.
- Assist new members with registration.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
From the 1st of February 2022, Special Olympics Australia requires all volunteers to be fully vaccinated (minimum of 2 vaccinations). Proof of vaccination will be required prior to commencing the role.
- National Police / Criminal History Check
- Working with Children / Working with Vulnerable People Check
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to engage and influence others
- Excellent organisation, administration, and communication skills
- The ability to meet deadlines and prioritise tasks
- Computer literacy skills and competent with using a database
- A positive and enthusiastic approach
- Previous club administration experience within a comparable organisation
- Sports Management / Business Degree
- Thorough knowledge of Special Olympics Australia
- Advance Microsoft office skills (Word and Excel)
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain one
- Experience with the SOA accreditation process for Clubs
- Previous experience with a sporting organisation
- Previous membership / registration experience
Please provide your resume and a cover letter (no longer than 1 page) detailing your experience, suitability, and availability for this position by email us at email@example.com. Please note that if you do not include these documents, your application shall not be considered.