Assistant Volunteer Coordinators - Various LocationsMeals on Wheels (SA)
Meals on Wheels is a not-for-profit, community-based volunteer organisation working throughout South Australia. Since 1954, we have assisted many people in the community to live independently in their own homes by providing meals for up to 7 days. Delivering hot, delicious, nutritious 3 course meals on week-days and frozen meals for weekends, public holiday and other times when clients may need to be away from home. Our clients include those who cannot cook or shop for themselves with ease, such as older people, people with a disability, carers or those recovering from an illness or injury.
- Welcoming and orienting new branch volunteers
- Training and supporting new volunteers
- Ensuring that all new volunteer have completed the necessary application form and police checks before commencing
- Organise and collate the volunteer rosters
- Liaising with Central Office on a regular basis to advise of volunteer start and end dates, and of any changes to volunteer records such as addresses, phone numbers or names
- Maintaining an up to date list of branch volunteers and their service records (in conjunction with Central Office)
- Arranging awards with Central Office for volunteers who qualify for service awards
- Promoting MoWSA volunteering in the community (where appropriate).
- Dealing with any volunteer conflicts at a branch level, and escalating to the Chair if unable to resolve
- Any other duties as per branch specifics
- Time commitment (average at least three hours per week)
- Regular attendance at the branch to welcome, orient, train and support new volunteers * Preparation of volunteer rosters
- Attendance at branch meetings including the annual general meeting, and provision of a general report on volunteer issues
- Attendance at conferences, workshops and training arranged by Central Office
Minimum 12 month commitment required.
Meals on Wheels is authorised to conduct Police Checks free of charge for volunteers who do not have a current Police Clearance. All volunteers are required to provide evidence of Covid Vaccination status.