VOLUNTEER WITH US BECAUSE GOOD WORKS
- Looking for a Volunteering opportunity that can make a real difference at an incredibly difficult time?
- Looking to make a commitment to regular volunteer work in Geelong?
- Looking to gain a number of new skills?
Vinnies NILS is a No Interest Loans Scheme (NILS) provider offering no interest loans of up to $1,500 to people on low incomes for the purchase of essential goods and services. Just last year, Vinnies NILS helped 286 households with loans totalling $275,687. Much of the delivery of the NILS program relies on the dedication of its volunteers.
The role of the Vinnies NILS Support volunteer is to assist the Vinnies NILS office in various administrative functions.
Within this volunteer position you will be:
- Answering phones
- Responding to enquiries in an efficient and timely manner by phone or email
- Sending out loan application packs to prospective borrowers via mail or email
- Collecting and checking loan application documents
- Assisting with general office duties
- Entering information into the specialised NILS software
- Diary management, including making and following up client loan interview appointments
- Promoting the NILS program
- Maintaining client confidentiality and following the policies and procedures of Good Shepherd Microfinance
We are looking for individuals with:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient computer skills including the Microsoft Office suite including Outlook.
- An ability to build rapport in a respectful manner with individuals from a range of backgrounds and cultures.
- The ability to act with empathy and without judgement.
- Accuracy, time management and attention to detail.
- A passion for helping others and giving back to your local community.
- A 'Can Do' attitude and ability to contribute positively to a team environment.
- Demonstrated experience working independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to commit to shifts once a week for at least 6 months
In return we offer an opportunity to:
- Gain valuable experience in a respected national not-for-profit organisation.
- Join a positive team within a supportive and busy working environment.
- Be part of a team helping to make a real difference to the community.
Please note: Opportunities are only available to those aged 18 years and over
Prior to engaging in any Volunteer activity with the St Vincent de Paul Society some checks are required. These will include a National Criminal History Police Check and current Working with Children Check. Costs for these checks are covered by the Society.
How to Apply:
To apply for this volunteering opportunity please complete the below application form, and attach your resume/CV.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Volunteer with NILS, we look forward to speaking with you soon!
St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria is proactive in supporting child safety.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences.
We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions.