HammondCare is looking for a volunteer who speaks Swedish, for someone in an aged care residence who has lost his understanding of English and can only communicate in Swedish. With your help, this gentleman from HammondCare Wahroonga will be able to communicate in his own language.
This volunteer role will suit someone who is aged between 25 - 79 and has:
• Fluency in English and Swedish
• Passion for making a difference in the lives of elderly people.
• Empathy and patience.
• Capacity to relate to people experiencing symptoms of dementia.
• Current Covid vaccination or be willing to have the vaccination prior to starting.
• Willingness to obtain requisite NDIS screening and complete 7 hours online training
Successful applicants will be required to complete a police background check which we’ll arrange.