Multicultural Care has been meeting the needs of multicultural communities across the Inner West, South West and South East Sydney regions for almost three decades. As a leading not-for-profit provider of culturally and linguistically tailored services, we empower our clients to live independent, fulfilling lives for as long as possible.
Location: South East, South West and Inner West Days: Weekdays and Weekends, flexible
About the role
Multicultural Care is seeking bi-lingual volunteers who speak Vietnamese, Korean, Greek, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Malaysian and Hindi but encourage all volunteers from all backgrounds to apply to commit to speaking to HCP Clients via , WhatsApp, WeChat, Skype and other social media, one hour per week or 2 hours per fortnight, who are individual carer recipient or living residential facility in various locations in the Inner West Area, South West and South East areas.
The Community Visitors Scheme (CVS) is a government-funded volunteer program providing friendship and companionship for people who are isolated or at risk of social isolation or loneliness. Recipients can be living in an aged care facility or their own home.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet with your paired companion at least once a week, for minimum of 20 phone calls or chat visits to provide social support
- Undertake activities that are appropriate to your companion. This may include listening to music, playing cards or board games, reminiscing or simply having a chat.
- Record and submit monthly reports on your visits, including date, time and activities to the CVS Coordinator.
- Record all aged care facilities visits using the Visitor Log Book
- Attend Orientation and ongoing training as required
- Respect the rights of companions to confidentially and privacy
- Become familiar, and act in accordance with Multicultural Care and Values.
The suitable volunteer will have the following attributes:
- Drivers licence
- Able to pass a police check
- COVID-19 vaccination
- Good communication and listening skills
- Be reliable and able to commit to at least 6 months