Mid West Ports Authority (MWPA) are seeking interested community members to join their highly regarded Meet & Greet Volunteer team to assist in providing a warm welcome to visiting cruise ships.
Meet & Greet Volunteers play an important role in the success of cruise ship visits to Geraldton and are positioned either alongside the ship gangway or in the Welcome Area as passengers either disembark the vessel or port shuttle bus.
Volunteers assist by:
- Providing an enthusiastic first (and last) point of contact to passengers
- Giving directions and recommendations
- Deliver commentary on Geraldton and the surrounds
If any of the below sounds like you, express your interest today:
- Have local knowledge about Geraldton and the Midwest region and eager to share it
- Friendly and approachable demeanour
- Ability to clearly communicate positively with tourists from different countries, cultures, backgrounds
- Willingness to take on creative and innovative tasks and responsibilities
- Ability to work collaboratively with other volunteers and stakeholders
- Proactive attitude in identifying opportunities to enhance the tourist experience