Tasks and duties
- Developing growth strategies and plans, by identifying and mapping business strengths and customer needs.
- Managing and nurturing relationships with existing customers.
- Attending networking events and hosting stands at exhibitions and conferences.
- Researching prospects, cold calling potential customers and responding to incoming leads to increase your client base.
- Writing business proposals and presenting these to potential customers.
- Providing specialist advice on the products and/or services you’re selling.
- Following industry trends locally and internationally.
- Negotiating, drafting and reviewing contracts.
As a Volunteer Business Development Manager, you may also be responsible for developing a new product or service offerings to better meet the needs of new and existing customers.
Our Not-for-Profit Organisation is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation. The filling of this position is intended to constitute a special measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth), and s12 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 (Vic) and s8(4) of the Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities Act 2006 (Vic). Preference may be given during selection to suitably qualified applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander