Volunteer Coordinator - GawlerMeals on Wheels (SA)
Approximately 3-4 hours per week maintaining Driver/Deliverer Roster - can work from home if preferred. Days in the Branch are negotiable with the Branch Coordinator.
Main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Finding fill ins for temporary vacancies
- Liasing with volunteers
- Maintaining required documentation/system for rosters
- Basic computer skills
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to relate to and instruct a large cross-section of volunteers
- Manage volunteer issues maintaining confidentiality
- Minimum 12 month commitment
Meals On Wheels are authorised to conduct Crimtrac police checks if a current one is not held.
Meals on Wheels is a not-for-profit, community-based volunteer organisation working throughout South Australia. Since 1954, we have assisted many people in the community to live independently in their own homes by providing meals for up to 7 days. Delivering hot, delicious, nutritious 3 course meals on week-days and frozen meals for weekends, public holiday and other times when clients may need to be away from home. Our clients include those who cannot cook or shop for themselves with ease, such as older people, people with a disability, carers or those recovering from an illness or injury.