First Aid in Schools 2023 - Brisbane NorthSt John (Qld)
First Aid in Schools (FAiS) Volunteer Educators help St John deliver short first aid awareness sessions to primary school students at participating public and private schools, sessions are delivered either face-to-face in schools or online via Zoom. The FAiS program is an innovative program designed to help primary school aged children become skilled and confident in recognising the need for first aid, while practising safety, accessing emergency services when necessary and applying basic first aid skills.
We are seeking volunteer presenters/educators to help us deliver these 45-minute first aid education sessions to all primary school students at participating public and private schools.
We are hoping that we can enlist a wide group of volunteers to provide the majority of the education sessions.
What St John Qld will provide:
- An accredited Provide First Aid course (value $170) free of charge – if not already held
- Pre-delivery instruction/coaching on how to deliver the 3 different primary school modules
- Mentoring in the initial sessions to ensure quality of delivery, and competent and confident delivery by the educator
- All materials and educational aides used to deliver the sessions
- Support the obtaining of a Working with Children Check (Blue Card) - if not already held
- Provide the volunteer with a St John branded polo shirt (Value $20)
- Pay a daily expenses allowance of $25 to offset the cost of meals, internet usage and transport incurred (for a full day only)
- Lastly and most importantly, an opportunity to contribute to building a broad community health, safety and emergency management skill base for generations to come.