Are you interested in joining a community of like-minded people to help save orangutans and rainforests?
The Orangutan Project (TOP) is expanding and we're setting up a new volunteer fundraising team in the outer-eastern Melbourne region (including suburbs such as Glen Waverley, Clayton, Berwick, Ferntree Gully, Belgrave, the Dandenong Ranges, Mornington Peninsula, Red Hill, Pakenham and Tooradin).
The key roles in this new team include Assistant Team Leader, Fundraising Team Leader and Event Coordinator. Assistant Team Leaders are crucial to help The Orangutan Project grow and increase our much-needed fundraising - and the time to join us is now!
About the role As an Assistant Team Leader, you will help the Fundraising Team Leader to manage a team of passionate, committed Fundraising and Events Volunteers and you’ll be responsible for your coordinating own fundraising activities.
- Assist with recruitment, training and induction of volunteers
- Assist with planning, managing and promoting events in your community and beyond
- Assist with selling tickets for fundraising events
- Book, set up and manage stalls at local markets and community festivals to sell merchandise, seek donations and promote adoptions
- Talk to people about the threats facing orangutans and the role TOP plays in saving critically endangered species in Sumatra and Borneo
- Assist with team meetings and communications and support team members and new volunteers
- Participate in monthly online Leadership Meetings to support and learn from Leadership Teams across the country
- Support the Team Leader with a range of tasks based on your skills, interests and career goals
About you You're passionate about the environment and enthusiastic about saving orangutans and other wildlife from extinction and protecting the rainforests we all rely on.
You’re a good communicator who loves getting out and about in your local community. You have time and energy to put into this role, including volunteering on some weekends and evenings.
An understanding of customer service, the ability to work with others, good organisational skills, and being comfortable working in a virtual environment with the Google suite will all help you to be successful.
Experience in fundraising, team management or event coordination would be great, but even if you don’t have all the skills, a positive attitude and willingness to learn and be mentored by the Fundraising Team Leader are key.
This role is an excellent opportunity to build on your existing skills and experience and contribute to your career goals. You will receive support and training in areas you that you may need to develop further.
Most importantly, you're looking for a fun, dynamic role that's full of variety and capacity to grow. You're looking to use your skills and knowledge with a reputable environmental charity and make a real difference to some of the world's most precious environments.
If this sounds like you, please apply below. After you’ve applied, please also send a copy of your resume to our email address, which will be sent to you in an automated message.
About The Orangutan Project Volunteering with the Orangutan Project, you’ll meet passionate people who are making a difference to help orangutans and the forest communities who share their home. Best of all, 100% of donations go directly to supporting wildlife and rainforest conservation.
The Orangutan Project highly values our wonderful volunteers across Australia and the enormous contributions they make. Our volunteers raise much-needed funds and awareness about the urgent need for conservation of critically endangered orangutans, other species and precious rainforests. We are always delighted to welcome new volunteers from diverse backgrounds to The Orangutan Project.