Volunteer MentorWhitelion - Volunteer West
Volunteer West is advertising this position on behalf of Whitelion.
Whitelion is looking for Volunteer Mentors to assist young people to develop a positive sense of self and connections with their community.
As a Volunteer Mentor you will support a young person to connect into their community and have positive and meaningful, targeted social experiences. Over the course of your mentor relationship, you will provide regular role modelling and guidance, ensuring the young person you are supporting is able to access and pursue positive interests, hobbies or activities within their community.
The role of the volunteer will be to:
- Build a constructive relationship with a young person considered to be at risk in society
- Engage with a young person through the pursuit of common interests.
- Provide non-judgemental support and friendship with the young person.
- Make every effort to attend the Community Days to encourage you and your young person’s sense of community with Whitelion.
Mentoring offers many opportunities for mentors. If accepted into the program you will:
- Receive regular support and training from our mentoring staff;
- Be able to have fun and connect with young people in the pursuit of recreational activities and other interests; be challenged and rewarded on a personal and intellectual level; and
- Gain a greater understanding of the community in which you live.