Youth Volunteer / Lead Tenant Melbourne's North / North WestAnglicare Victoria
We are seeking volunteers to take on a live-in mentor role with young people exiting the child protection system.
- opportunity to work in a supportive enthusiastic team making a difference in the lives of young people
- Ongoing training, support and guidance
- located in Melbourne’s North / North West
The Lead Tenant’s role is to live at the selected property with another Lead Tenant and two young people and establish positive and meaningful relationships. Lead Tenants are required to act as positive role models and to provide informal support to the young people within the household. Lead Tenants are not required to pay rent or utilities (excluding telephone).
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need
Lead Tenants are assessed on the following 5 key competencies:
- Ensure a safe environment that is free from abuse
- Demonstrate a personal readiness and capacity to become a Lead Tenant
- Gooddunderstanding or willingness to learn about adolescent development and trauma
- Promote the positive development and independent living skills of young people in Lead Tenant accommodation
- Ability to work as part of a team
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement
How to Apply
To apply or for further information please contact Ellen Homes on 8470 999 or email@example.com
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.