Cook of the Day - VOLUNTARY- Meals On Wheels, HindmarshMeals on Wheels (SA)
Reporting to the Kitchen Coordinator, the Cook of the Day is responsible for:
- Ensuring branch volunteers ‘sign in’ using the attendance book
- Ensuring all volunteers wear appropriate clothing, including personal protective equipment where appropriate
- Ensuring kitchen volunteers wash and sanitise their hands before beginning kitchen duties and after breaks, and follow hygiene procedures while at the branch
- Allocating volunteers to prepare each meal course
- Ensuring meals are prepared according to the day’s menu and that any special meals are available
- Overseeing the serving up of meals, including ensuring correct amounts are placed in each meal container
- Ensuring dishes are washed and put away, any equipment used is cleaned and benches are sanitised and wiped down
- Ensuring kitchen floors are swept and dry daily
If you have Cooking/Kitchen experience, or are willing to learn, and looking at volunteering as an on-going activity (minimum 3 months) we would love to hear from you. A friendly manner and smile is essential!
Meals On Wheels are authorised to conduct Crimtrac police checks if a current one is not held.
Meals on Wheels is a not-for-profit, community-based volunteer organisation working throughout South Australia. Since 1954, we have assisted many people in the community to live independently in their own homes by providing meals for up to 7 days. Delivering hot, delicious, nutritious 3 course meals on week-days and frozen meals for weekends, public holiday and other times when clients may need to be away from home. Our clients include those who cannot cook or shop for themselves with ease, such as older people, people with a disability, carers or those recovering from an illness or injury.