Become a Girl Guide Leader at South CoogeeGirl Guides NSW, ACT & NT
About Girl Guides - We are Australia’s leading volunteer organisation for girls and young women. Our mission is to empower girls and young women to discover their potential as leaders of their world.
About This Opportunity - As a Volunteer Unit Leader, you will be involved in developing and delivering fun, creative activities for girls in a safe and friendly environment. You will receive training and support throughout your volunteer journey and become part of a global organisation of over 10 million women and girls.
The Impact You Will Have Make a difference as a Girl Guide Leader by helping girls to build their resilience, self-confidence, and a sense of purpose - some of the hardest areas for young girls to develop in today's world!
What we do Our program is girl-led, encouraging girls to choose the activities and challenges they would like to do and try. Our program covers key themes including leadership, teamwork, community service and outdoor skills. No two weeks look the same at Guides, with girls taking on outdoor adventures like rock climbing, canoeing, or building a campfire; learning new skills like First Aid or cooking; or giving back to their community through activities with Clean Up Australia Day, WIRES, RFS or Bush Care. Girls are encouraged to build on their teamwork and leadership skills through achieving challenges and badges, all while making new friends and having fun!
About You You are looking to volunteer your time to a worthwhile cause, give back to the community and be part of a team of likeminded women. You have great life and career experience to share with us and you would like to use your organisational, leadership & teamwork skills.
For this role you will:
- Have good communication skills and be a great team player
- Be curious about learning and life
- Have an empathetic or compassionate nature
- Have access to email and be able to undertake online training
- Be willing to engage with children
- Enjoy the great outdoors and able to participate in physical activity
- Prior knowledge or experience with Girl Guides or Girl Scouts is not essential.
How to Become a Girl Guide Leader
- Express interest here by clicking the purple 'Apply' button
- Let us know why this role interests you and what you feel you could bring to the role
- Keep an eye out for a reply email that provides further information about our organisation and what women just like you are saying about their volunteer experience
- One of our team will be in touch to give you more information and arrange a visit to a local Guide Unit
- Join or register and experience all of the fun, friendship and adventure of Guides for yourself!