Do you want to help in the rescue of native animals, while working with a dedicated team of volunteers across Australia? We want to hear from you!
We are currently seeking individuals nationwide keen to help coordinate the rescue of native animals in need.
About the role:
This opportunity is ongoing, with multiple positions available, and can be completely carried out remotely/from home. Our Phone Coordinators are considered our most important volunteers and are essential to ensure the rescue and welfare of our beautiful native animals.
Phone coordinators are home-based and use centralised computer software to locate potential rescuers amongst other features. All software required for the role is supplied by Wildlife Rescue Australia, free of charge, with training and support provided.
With the support of the Call Centre Manager, other Phone Coordinators and Volunteers, you will play a key role in directing carers or rescuers across Australia to assist/collect wildlife at risk, or with injuries, and provide accurate advice to callers.
- Aged 18 years or over.
- Be fluent in English with excellent verbal and written skills. Proficiency in English is essential for effective communication with our clients and team members.
- Be available for a minimum of 8 hours (16 hours for Centrelink recipients) per week consisting of 4-hourly blocks (do not need to be consecutive) to take phone calls from members of the public or organisations requesting help with native animals in need.
- Must be willing to commit for a minimum of 6 months.
- Have reliable access to a desktop or laptop computer running Microsoft 10 or MacOS Catalina or later
- Have an internet connection of at least 20Mbps download and 5Mbps upload.
- Have a passion for wildlife or native animals, and animal welfare.
Non essential skills:
- General knowledge of Australian native animals.
- Customer service experience in a similar role or volunteer position.
- Experience working within a team environment.
- Strong problem solving skills, and attention to detail.
If you are looking to use your skills, knowledge or passion for animals to support a reputable organisation, and make a real difference to the rescue and care of our precious wildlife, please apply now.