Project Yumi is an Australian registered charity that builds effective partnerships with local communities in Papua New Guinea, to enhance the quality of education and health care. We achieve this through deferring new and quality used school and medical resources from landfill and distribute these much needed resources to rural areas of PNG.
We are currently seeking a Treasurer to join our management committee ($50 annual membership fee) who will be responsible for the financial supervision of the organisation. The key responsibilities of the Management Committee are to set the direction for the organisation, to monitor its performance and to maintain control of the organisation, ensuring that it stays on track according to agreed priorities and planned activities.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure Management Committee's understanding of financial obligations and tax regulations.
- Oversee development and implementation of financial management policies, including fraud prevention measures.
- Regularly review internal processes and reporting methods for financial management.
- Ensure compliance with Australian Accounting Standards, prepare accurate financial reports and raise invoices.
- Develop and manage annual budget, monitor income, expenses, and cash flow.
- Provide regular financial reports and ensure Management Committee comprehension.
- Manage investments, maintain fund balances, and meet funding obligations.
- Collaborate with auditors to ensure accounting standards compliance, prepare audit documentation.
- Support fundraising team with financial data for grant applications and donor reports.
- Monitor project expenses, reimbursements, and efficient fund utilisation.
- Provide financial insights and recommendations for optimising resource allocation.
- Prepare and submit returns to authorities (Fair Trading QLD, ACNC, ATO).
- Ensure annual audit preparation and submission of accounts to members.
- Identify and address financial risk areas to the Committee.
- Exercise delegation of authority and expenditure as determined by the Committee.
- Qualifications and experience in accounting or finance.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in MYOB
- Passion for our mission and a desire to make a positive impact.
- Effective communication skills.
- Opportunity to contribute to meaningful projects that make a difference in people's lives.
- Enhance your financial management skills in a real-world setting.
- Network and collaborate with like-minded individuals who share your passion.
- Gain insights into the operations of a non-profit organisation.
- Flexible working arrangements, including remote options.
If you're excited to contribute your financial expertise to a cause-driven organisation, we would love to hear from you. Please send your CV and a brief cover letter outlining your motivation to volunteer as the Treasurer for Project Yumi to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Please note that this is a volunteer position. We deeply value the contributions of our volunteers and their dedication to our cause. While this role is unpaid, it offers valuable experience and the opportunity to be part of a team that is changing lives for the better. Join us at Project Yumi and be a driving force behind positive change.