Job Description Summary
Play your part in creating a thriving local community! By joining our dedicated and friendly team as a Community Collections Truck Driver Assistant you will be integral in helping to raise funds for the most vulnerable in your community. The Salvation Army Tom Quinn Community Centre is a great place to make new friends, whilst supporting your local community. Just a few hours a week can make a world of difference - we look forward to hearing from you!
The Salvation Army Tom Quinn Community Centre in Bundaberg QLD, is a vibrant place where great things happen: Generous people donate amazing items, customers enjoy an ever-changing selection of goods, volunteers gain friendships and share experiences, all whilst raising much-needed funds to assist the most vulnerable in your community. You can be a part of this by volunteering just a few hours per week as a Community Collections Driver Assistant.
The Bundaberg Family Store team is seeking a responsible person to act as an assistant to the Truck Driver for large donation pickups from the community and sorting items at the store. A reasonable level of fitness is required for this role as it requires lifting/moving donated items.
The Salvation Army has measures in place to ensure the well being of volunteers through stringent adherence to health and safety regulations, and government directives at this time.
The successful candidate will be supported with induction and training to succeed in the role.
A role profile for this position is available upon request and will also be provided to the successful applicant during the interview process.
We kindly request that you provide a brief outline of your relevant experience, as well as your availability in the application comments section. Due to limited resources, we can only respond to applicants who have provided this information.
The Tasks Associated with the Role Include;
- Pick-up and delivery service, providing a quality transport service
- Assist to load and unload goods to and from the vehicle
- Be prompt, courteous and respectful when interacting with others
- Quality control of donations
- Sorting Donations
Personal Qualities/Attributes Required for the Role;
- Experience in customer service or retail preferred, but not essential
- Experience in a similar role such as furniture removal advantageous, but not essential
- Punctual and reliable with a friendly and positive disposition
- Able to work in a team and autonomously when required
- A respect and willingness to work within the ethos of The Salvation Army (TSA)
Mandatory Requirements of the Role;
- Complete The Salvation Army's volunteer registration process
- Complete The Salvation Army induction modules and any other training as required
- Criminal History Check (Police Check) and any other integrity checks as required for the role
4-7 hours/days (flexible hours) Hours to be negotiated with Line Manager. Maximum of 16 hours per week. More available by negotiation