Everyone in Australia is a migrant or a descendant of a migrant. Even our first peoples migrated here. And no matter how short or deep our roots are, most of us had to work hard to survive, find a job, put a roof over our heads, and feed our families. Times may have changed, but the challenges remain the same. Do you agree that even today newcomers are not easily accepted by existing communities, that ignorance, arrogance, and racism still exist, and that migrants have to work harder, be smarter, and be much more determined to get a job and prove themselves?
AMCCU (Australian Multi-Cultural Community United Ltd) is supporting the social and economic integration of migrants, fostering reconciliation, acceptance, and cooperation between the different races, ethnic and religious groups and bonding them into one Australian community. And we also celebrate the enriching multi-cultural diversity of our beautiful food, film, music, dance, fashion, art, literature, design, and crafts that makes our community so unique.
Being the new kid on the block ourselves, we intend to do all of this a bit differently from conventional charities. We don’t door-knock anymore but build cloud-based service platforms and online communication networks with passionate volunteer teams. We even have our own TV Production Team. However, no team can excel just by itself. It needs support.
That’s where you will come in.
Role Description You need to be comfortable guiding and mentoring teams in Market Research & Analysis, Market Strategy & Branding, Digital Marketing, PR & Communication, Business & Membership Development, Sponsorship & Stakeholder Development, Fund Raising, and CRM. We seek a Marketing Generalist, not a Specialist.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to uncover insights and develop and implement marketing and branding strategies for new services
- Oversee and grow the marketing department, consistently identifying revenue opportunities and securing new partners & sponsors
- Understand key marketing performance metrics and tracking tools to provide market research, forecasts, competitive analyses, campaign results, and consumer trends in order to translate results into actionable insights
- Lead the development of our marketing plans working closely with clients, management, creative and content teams, and distribution partners, to create an effective and efficient marketing strategy focused on growing audiences for our services
- Spearhead the strategic and tactical execution of marketing campaigns, including design of test/control segmentation, implementation of tests, tracking, results reporting, analysis, and recommendations
- Manage conception, development, and implementation of marketing plan and strategies, service concepts, and promotional programs to drive interest and sales
- Hold weekly meetings with team members to review pipeline, resolve challenges, and present possible solutions, and provide ongoing training to ensure team consistently performs well
What do you need to bring to the team? Any and all of the skills, knowledge, and work experience you have gathered in a senior marketing, advertising, PR or communication role (minimum 3 years experience, retired professionals are welcome), particularly skills -
- in creating successful marketing campaigns of planning projects from conception to implementation,
- Excellent leadership, communication, and decision-making skills
- Experience with digital and print marketing, content marketing, and social media marketing
- Proven ability to plan and manage budgets
- Established network of corporate and/or government contacts
- Desire to turn a non-profit start-up into a national performer whilst making a difference to Australia's multicultural society
Personality: You need to be entrepreneurial, willing to take the initiative, driving the teams and project from start to end. Having self-esteem is beneficial, but ego won’t bring you anywhere in a community environment. Leadership is great, if you don't try becoming the boss. It doesn’t matter if you are an introvert or an extrovert as long as you are a reliable communicator and team player. Importantly, don’t leave any part of your personality at home, be all of you all the time.
No Limitations: In AMCCU we offer you to learn and acquire new skills. At the same time, you can bring in all your experience and contribute as much as you like.
Location: You would work remotely from wherever you want, being connected with all teams via phone or video-conferencing whenever required.
Your Impact: The impact of your work is far-reaching. By creating awareness about AMCCU's purpose and services, we can achieve more. And the more we can help migrants to succeed in Australia the more we can become the most tolerant, diverse, and happy nation on Earth.
So if you have the passion and the desire to create a meaningful legacy, then express your interest.